Saturday, August 16, 2014

Money Pit

I remember the euphoria I felt when I first bought my home.  The house, while older, was absolutely beautiful.  As my husband always says, "it has character." 

And as I slowly come to realize how much of a money pit it is I find I still love my home, but am not sure I can afford it.  In the two months we have lived here we have found out that we have a cracked slab and sinking foundation, our AC unit broke down yesterday and today we found out that the kitchen sink is leaking water.  On a good note though my husband bought me some beautiful flowers to make me feel better. 

I didn't quite do a pin today so much as utilize a variety of pins I had in my handyman board on plumbing and how to fix a leaky faucet in order to pinpoint where the leak was actually coming from.  I have found that the leak is coming from the sprayer, I think.  We noticed when we first used the faucet in the kitchen that the sprayer handle had a crack in it and would shoot water out at you when the faucet was running.  We stupidly did a quick fix and wrapped electrical tape around it.  Now the sprayer leaks water down the side in a trickle and I think this water is then somehow flowing under the faucet and then under the sink.  So number one for tomorrow, we need to get a new sprayer from Home Depot and replace it to see if that fixes the leak.  I believe it will, but we will find out tomorrow.

Too emotionally drained to do much else today.  Wish me luck for tomorrow.  It can only get better from here, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment