Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Introduction

     Have you ever woken up and thought, "my life is going nowhere"?  Bogged down by worries and life you do the same thing day in and day out.  I get up and troll through facebook, go on Pinterest and pin a bunch of shit I'm never gonna do, then go to work, come home and do it all over again.  On the weekend I might spice it up and go to a movie or out to eat.  Last week my husband decided we should do something different, like a vacation.  Except we have no money, so I jokingly said hey we could just drive to another close by state and see something new.  And voila, we jump in the car and drive to South Dakota just like that.  No sleep, no plans, just got in the car and drove to Mount Rushmore.  It was awesome and great and I totally loved it.  But here I am back home, back to the same old same old.  So I was thinking, what can I do to get some of that spontaneity back?  To put some life back into my life?  And as I was looking at Pinterest for yet another time today, I thought about a quote I had pinned ages ago that said, "stop pinning and start doing."  
Wow, mind blowing.  Could it really be that easy?  I don't know, but I've got to start somewhere.  So here I go, no more pinning.  I'm going to actually start doing all the stuff I pinned, even those lovely vacation ideas.  Now I've never done a blog before and have no idea what so ever as to how to write one, but I figure if I don't hold myself accountable in some way, however small, I will never to stick to my guns and take control of my life.  And why not invite others to live vicariously through me, or even inspire someone else to jump on the bandwagon and start living.

Just one pin a day.  I think I'll start small.  Here I go, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment