Sunday, August 10, 2014

Major Dissapointment

While trudging through the aisles at the grocery store earlier this week I walk by the frozen food section and spot a can of frozen juice concentrate out of the corner of my eye.  I stop dead in my tracks, the corners of my mouth turning up, eyes widening as a light bulb goes off in my head.  I decide right then and there to do a pin my niece has been begging for me to try with her.  I pick up the can of frozen lemonade concentrate thinking, "she's gonna love me."

So as I was already headed to my sister's house today to once again reset her rib (see earlier post), I decide I will be the greatest Auntie ever and bring over a surprise for the girls.  I rush about the kitchen gathering up supplies and head over to the cabinet to get my blender.  But before I get to the blender I'm like, "oooh, corn.  I'll just bring this along for dinner.  The girls are gonna love me times two." 

I head over to her house, step out of the car and realize I totally forgot to bring the blender along and as my sister doesn't have a blender there is no way I'm going to be able to make awesome strawberry lemonade with frozen strawberries without a blender.  I walk inside anyway and as the girls rush to greet me I cringe to see the disappointment on their faces when they find out we can't make the strawberry lemonade.  There is nothing worse than disappointing a child and seeing all that wonderful excitement and light in their eyes go out as they sigh and say, "it's okay."

But leave it to my beautiful niece to save the day and light up again with excitement, "what about the garlic," she says.  And I'm like, "what?"  She jumps up and down, "I'll go pull the garlic and you can preserve it like the pin says."  They both proceed to go pull all the extra garlic in the garden, wash it off and set it aside for me to preserve.  They're adorable, really.  Thanks again to my nieces for saving the day.  Here is my pin for this evening, it will be a two part blog, half today, half tomorrow. 

How to preserve garlic.  The first half here was how to peel garlic in ten seconds. 

What the what mind blown
Incredible I know.  Just follow the directions in the video.  Tomorrow will be on how to preserve the peeled cloves of garlic as I will need to gather some supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment