Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Little Inspiration

Last night was one of those nights where you just can't sleep no matter how hard you try.   My mind kept racing all over Pinterest thinking about all the pins I could do today.   Needless to say I was pretty tired  when I woke up. Add to that a busy day and I wasn't sure I was going to do a pin. I know, I know quitting just when I started this thing. Thankfully I had a little inspiration come by and set me back on track.

My lovely niece, a Pintrest pro in her own right, came by geared up and all set with a pin for us to do.    Together we gathered our ingredients and got ready for a day at the spa.   Say hello to our little pin: How to make homemade sugar scrubs.

http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2014/05/diy-sugar-scrub-recipes.html?m=1

I've got to say today's pin smelled much better than yesterday's pin and was very easy and fun to do. We had a great time experimenting with different scents, each of us making our own individual creations. I went with a lavender/ peppermint mix and she with a lavender, peppermint and vanilla mix. Both smelled absolutely amazing. 

Basically we mixed sugar (how much depends on how much you want to make) with some massage oil I had. I used just enough oil to make it a scrub and not a paste. It should look slightly wet but not too loose. Then use some essential oils adding them a couple drops at a time until you get the desired scent. 

And bonus, after we were all done my niece, the sweetheart that she is, was insistent that I let her give me a foot scrub and massage. How great is that. I had a great time and got pampered to boot.   BTW the scrub worked great. My feet are super soft and smell great. 

I can't wait until tomorrow. Make your life smell a little better and join me tomorrow for some more fun. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment