Thursday, October 16, 2014

You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream for Icecream


I remember when I was little my great grandma was the most amazing cook. Everything was fried and covered in gravy, but I absolutely loved it. She always had a treat for dessert too, like jello or cake or the most amazing cookies. It took me forever to duplicate her cookies and honestly mine still aren't quite as good as hers. 


When she died I wanted something to remember her by so I took her Ice cream scoop. I know sounds weird right?  But her ice cream scoop was really cool. It is almost like a metal spatula but a little rounder.  It's perfect for scooping out ice cream even when it gets really hard. Which it almost always does. I tell you I really feel for those guys at Baskin Robbins having to scoop out really hard ice cream all day. I bet they just end up with carpal tunnel. 


While I have always used grandma's scoop, I came across a pin that appears to have solved the hard ice cream problem in another way, by not letting it get hard at all. It seemed really easy so I thought I would try it out tonight. You simply put the ice cream container in a sealed Ziploc bag and voila your ice cream stays soft. 


So I popped mine in a baggy, sealed it up and put it back in the freezer.  I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment