Monday, October 13, 2014

Philly Cheesesteak

I troll through my pins as we watch reruns of Ninja Warrior looking for something to do for the day.  I'm thinking something easy, in the crock pot for lunch tomorrow.  I settle on potato soup because it just sounds yummy, but hubby vetoes it and says, "pick something that sounds good."  So I begin naming off all the recipes in my crock pot board, none of which jump out to him.  Then I notice one that is from a blog where the woman cooked something in the crock pot everyday for one year without repeating any recipes.  I figure if I'm to find something that suits hubby it will have to be in there.

Reading down the list he, gag, settles on Philly Cheese steak.  While I was going to actually eat the potato soup, I won't touch Philly Cheese steak.  I haven't cooked much lately though so I go ahead and whip it up for him.

How to make crock pot style Philly Cheese steak.  Just in case you're interested, you can find a link to her blog here.

Ingredients

1/2 an onion, sliced
bell pepper, sliced
1 pound tri tip steak, sliced
1/4 C white wine
1 Tbsp Worcestershire (hardest word to spell ever) Sauce


Step 1: Prepare the ingredients and pour into crock pot.


Step 2:  Cook on low 8-10 hours.


Well that was easy.  I'll ask hubby how it tastes tomorrow and let you know how it went.  Until next time.  Hope tomorrows post will be that easy.  Wish me luck.

2 comments: