Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What to do with Left Over Broth


A wonderful savory scent hits my nostrils as I walk in the door. I had started a roast earlier in the day and left it in the crock pot to cook leaving the most amazing smell wafting throughout the house.  

The smell of the roast brings to mind the beef broth I used as a base in the crock pot instead of water. I usually buy a big container of broth but only end up using about a cup or so before the rest goes bad.  The problem is that I hardly ever use a broth or just not enough to warrant getting a big container of it. 

This time I was determined to preserve the left over broth for future use. I have seen many times on Pinterest how people use ice cube trays to preserve herbs or sauces and I thought I would utilize this method to store the beef broth I had left. 

All you need to do is pour the leftover broth into the ice cube trays and stick them in the freezer. After they are frozen you can crack them out and put into a bag to save on space. 


Well there you have it folks. Neatly contained broth ready to go for future use.  I'm going to try to find more ways to use broth for cooking. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment