Saturday, October 11, 2014

How to Peel a Tomato



As I set the pot to boil a wonderful aroma wafts through the air. Mouth turning up in a wide grin, I close my eyes and inhale the scents created by my cooking, "ahhhh."  Now is the time to add my fresh tomatoes to the pot, but first I have to peel them. 

I pull out my paring knife and get to it, laboriously peeling little tiny strips off an inch at a time. After two tomatoes my fingers hurt and I'm frustrated to no end. 

Time to get a little extra help on the matter. 

How to peel a tomato quickly. 

Step 1:  boil a pot of water, score the tomatoes with an X on the bottom and drop into the pot letting them boil for 20-40 seconds. 

Step 2:  remove tomatoes and put in an ice bath for about 60 seconds. 

Step 3:  peel off loosened skin. 

It's just that easy and it really does work. Saved a ton of time and heartache. Now if only I could get the hubby to eat tomatoes. Wish me luck. 

1 comment:

  1. You missed a great card party tonight! We have beef stroganoff and spaghetti with meatballs...yum

    ReplyDelete