Sunday, October 5, 2014

Yoga Your Way to a Better You

Alright ladies time once again to try out another workout to tone up those flabby arms.  Since the last one I tried was so short, this time I thought I would go for a little longer workout.  And bonus this one uses your own bodyweight so you won't need any special equipment like the fancy food cans I used in the last one (shh don't tell anyone). 

I was never much for yoga I always preferred pilates, but I'm always willing to give it another go.

So here it is:  10 Yoga Moves to Stretch Your Way to Slim and Sexy


This one was easy, in fact I've been doing them regularly to help with core strength.  It is also great for the arms too.

Tara-Stiles-yoga-workout-for-strength-downward-dog-pose

Next up, downward dog.  I actually always loved this move.  Feels good on my hamstrings.

Tara-Stiles-yoga-workout-for-strength-donward-dog-split

Not as easy as it looks.  I did my best, but there was no way I was getting my leg up that high.


Tara-Stiles-yoga-workout-for-strength-knee-to-elbow-crunch-pose

This move was also a little hard for me.  As a modification I first went back into downward dog and then transitioned to this move.

Tara-Stiles-yoga-workout-for-strength-low-lunge-pose

Again I can never quite get my leg into this position in one move.  I usually get it as far forward as possible then scoot it up more afterward.

Tara-Stiles-yoga-workout-for-strength-high-lunge-pose

Try not to pull your adductors here.  I know it sounds weird but I definitely think I pulled something on that one. 

Tara-Stiles-yoga-workout-for-strength-reverse-warrior-pose

Again I didn't get quite that much extension.  Please be smart and work within your range.

Tara-Stiles-yoga-workout-for-strength-extended-side-angle-pose

My hips were really tight.

Tara-Stiles-yoga-workout-for-strength-extended-side-angle-variation-pose

I felt it best for me at this point not to go into this pose, I just held the last one a little longer.

Tara-Stiles-yoga-workout-for-strength-standing-half-split-pose

Phew you've made it.  Oh wait just kidding now you have to do it all over again on the other side.  If you are still feeling spunky after that then do a whole other round on each side.  Great routine for strengthening the core and arms, but unfortunately I still hate yoga.  I gotta tell ya though I was wiped after once on each side.  Maybe if I keep it up it will get easier.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment