Friday, September 19, 2014

Update

I've been doing these posts for about a month now and I thought I would stop and take stock of what I have accomplished.  I originally started the blog It's a Good Morning for Pinterest to take charge of my life which had become stagnant and downright depressing.  My pins started off pretty small and I will admit, I had to bully myself into doing them.  Writing the blog made me hold myself accountable, however, so I continued doing them even though I didn't always want to.  The more and more I did the pins, however, I found that I liked doing them. 

My initial pins were just small things to get my feet off the ground, usually something that needed to be done around the house, like how to make the garbage disposal smell better, or things to do with my nieces, making frozen strawberry lemonade for example.  The pins I do with the girls are probably my favorite ones.  I've really enjoyed my time with them and I think they definitely love to experiment with pins as well, especially Butterfly.

As I've gotten more confident I progressed into pins made me feel as if I accomplished something, like when I replaced my own leaky spray hose for the kitchen sink.  I look forward to the day when I feel comfortable enough to do more with my house.  I would love to add an inset wall cabinet in the bathroom for instance.  But that can wait for later.  Still taking baby steps for now. 

I have also experimented with ways to make promotional items for my business, an eye pillow, printing on fabric, etc.  This has done wonders for making me less frustrated with advertising for my business.  I've even gotten off my butt and joined the Chamber of Commerce to work on better networking strategies.  Again baby steps here.  I am working up my confidence to start interacting with more Orthopedic physicians and physical therapists. 

As you can see, my gambit paid off wonderfully.  Over the past month I have learned countless new crafts and skills.  Pins I marked because I liked them, but never thought I would get around to doing, are being done everyday.  Not all of them have been a great success, but I think that will come more with practice.  All in all it has made me get up and move, become more interactive with my family, friends and life in general.  Most days are now so filled with new ideas and experiences that I find myself incorporating multiple pins into a project, coming up with my own ideas or helping Butterfly with hers, and sometimes, like today for instance, the day is so jam packed with fun that I don't even have time to do a pin.  I will continue to plug away, living life to its fullest and sharing it all with you.  Wish me luck as I continue on my journey as I wish you luck on the start of yours.  As they say, whoever they are, the first step is the hardest one, but once you start it all snowballs and you will find it hard to stop.  So get out there and start enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment