Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Can't Take it Anymore

I went shopping today and came home with a ton of groceries. I went to set them on the kitchen counter, but unfortunately there was no available counter space so they ended up on the floor. There was also no where to put them because my cupboards are also a disaster. After trying unsuccessfully to shove a box of Belvita bars into the cupboard I finally decided it was high time to organize the kitchen again. I had done a little bit before but obviously not enough. 

Here is what my counters looked like. 


See all that junk cluttering up the place?  That is pretty much what it looked like when I was done unpacking the kitchen boxes and I never found a place to put it all later. Then entropy took over and made it even more of a disaster. I'm fed up with moving things back and forth just to make space to prepare dinner. 

No pin for this project, just things I have picked up along the way. First thing, I want more counter space to work on and I don't want a bunch of clutter on the counter. Therefore I had to remove and find a place for all the stuff I don't use and I hid away some of the appliances I don't use everyday. Then I shifted some things around to provide a little more functionality. I also put away some of the food items like hubby's snacks and that huge bag of rice. Here is the finished product. 


That still left the cupboards, however, which I turned to next.



  The problem with my cupboards is that they are too high up and at awkward angles which makes it hard to reach things inside. I figure the fix then was to put things into bins so that I could pull them out and easily find what I need. I also found as I did so that I needed to rearrange some things as the cupboard I had my canned goods in was very awkward to get to. Therefore I switched them to a more accessible cabinet over the stove and put items I don't normally use into the crappy cabinet. One exception though, I did put my spices into this cupboard in the most reachable spot. We will see how it goes. I may rearrange things later.  Here is the finished product. 


I'm pooped. See ya next week. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment