Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Monday Donut Delights with guest blogger, Butterfly



Since my wonderful niece, Butterfly, is so supportive of my blog and always on hand to help out with pins, even doing ones of her own, we thought it would be a great idea to showcase her here on my blog. 

Without further ado please welcome our guest blogger, the amazing, the wonderful, Butterfly and her super yummy pin. 

Delightful Donuts
Hi, this is Butterfly! I am this blogger's niece  and every once in a while I will write a blog post. I did an awesome pin on Monday. Make your own homemade, inexpensive DONUTS! For a link to the original pin.

Stuff you will need:
Homestyle biscuits by Pillsbury
Butter ( or margarine whichever you are more comfortable with)
Cinnamon and Sugar
Oil

Tools:
Pan
Bowls
Tongs ( or something of the nature)
Spoon
Medicine cup

I bet about now you are thinking these won't taste like donuts. These will taste like biscuits, not donuts. You are wrong, trust me we all thought they would.

First step: Open your Biscuits and lay on a clean surface (we used a cutting board) Take your Medicine cup or a circular item (cookie cutter...) and press it into the biscuits. 



Roll your biscuit gently off of the medicine cup and keep the circle from the biscuit ( these will be the donut holes). Repeat this step for the rest of your biscuts.

Second step: Grab your pan and add oil. Enough to let the donut holes float partially. Heat the oil and put the donut holes in the pan. 



Flip when golden brown on the bottom. Use your tongs to take out of pan then place on the plate. 



Third step: Get your two bowls and a plate ready. 

In the first bowl put in  your margarine in and melt in the microwave. The second bowl will contain cinnamon sugar. It should look something like this. 



Take your donut holes and dip in butter (don't  put too much or the cinnamon sugar wont stick). 


Then dip in cinnamon sugar and lay on plate. Volia!  Repeat this step for all donuts.



Do the same steps for the big donuts. Here are those pictures. 



Thanks for reading my blog post and comment if you like it. Bye!

Thank you so much Butterfly. You guys did a great job. They really did taste like donuts. Yummy. I'll have to make some myself. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment