Monday, December 22, 2014

DIY Photo Canvas



Last time I did photo canvas coasters and they came out great so today I thought I would do a photo canvas to hang on the wall. Hoping for a better quality picture I used an actual photo instead of one printed on computer paper to see if it would work as well. 

I followed the same steps as last week. 

Step 1: get photo

Note: if you wish now would be a good time to paint the edges of the canvas or you can just leave it white as well. 


My picture was smaller than the canvas so I painted a border as well as the outer edges. 

Step 2:  smear a thin layer of modge podge across the canvas. Then quickly place the photo face up on the canvas, using an old credit card to smooth out any wrinkles. 


Step 3:  once it has dried, smear another layer of modge podge evenly across picture and canvas if showing. 



Et voila you have a beautiful canvas photo. Well after it dries and the white goes away. While it turned out pretty good I think I like the look and texture of it better when done with printed computer paper. 

Unfortunately I haven't been having much luck with transferring a photo to wood. I'm still working out the bugs. I'll let you know the low down when I figure it out. Wish me luck. 

P.s.  I won't be posting on Thursday due to the holiday. So until next time, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I'm sure your sister will be tickled pink when she sees it. Happy Holidays! I love your blog and I kinda wished you had done some Christmas related things but the DIY canvasas make great gifts as well.

    ReplyDelete